Within this project we will study the effects of natural and artificial orbit perturbations in the fields of space debris, missions to planetary Moon and asteroids, planetary protection, and space transfers for small satellites to better understand and model the dynamics of natural orbit perturbation and to leverage it with spacecraft manoeuvres to significantly reduce current extreme high mission cost, and create new opportunities for space sustainability, exploration and exploitation.
- Geometry and mission integrated design for continuous global coverage constellations
- Robust design of low-thrust trajectories enhancing the effects of orbital perturbations using differential dynamic programming
- A system-level engineering approach for performance analysis and design of Global Navigation Satellite Systems
- Space trajectory optimisation in the interplanetary environment
- Orbital propagation and uncertainty modelling for planetary protection compliance verification
- Space debris evolution model through density approach